Google maps query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At one time, when I opened Google maps, it woke up centred on my place. Now it's centred on Old Trafford, for some reason. I must have done something that caused this, but I've tried all sorts to change it back, and nothing has worked. Can anybody help? It's not a big problem, but it's irritating.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If it's on Windows, Location Services must be on, and the browser / app must have permission to access location.
Can be changed in Settings. You can also set a default location to be used in the event that location can't be determined by other methods.

If it's on Windows, Location Services must be on, and the browser / app must have permission to access location.
Can be changed in Settings. You can also set a default location to be used in the event that location can't be determined by other methods.
Thanks for trying, maybe a bit slow but I can't find any of that. I have made some progress though, I deleted GoogleMaps from my bookmark list, then opened it from the Google menu, and it opened on my place (then re-bookmarked it). If I remember right it wakes up at a longer scale than it used to, though obvs that's easy to alter as you use it. There doesn't seem to be a way to save the scale.

Also when I click the top left search bar 5 addresses appear, one is mine. The others have a clock symbol, all showing 4 o'clock! I can't make out what that does. One is a Manchester address, which probably caused the earlier problem. Why those 5 and not any of the other places I've searched for? I would like to delete all except my address, but can't see any way to do that.

Sponsored Links
Back