Google local trader reviews

G

Goldspoon

If you do a google search for "plumber Conwy" (used as example from where I am) in Google then you will find a list of plumbers provided by Google Maps.

Now you can also review people if you also have a Google account and I believe it might be the case that the more good reviews you get then the higher up the search list you are. It's a bit like Yell.com but free.

I got somebody to do a review for me (I did their bathroom) - all went well and I appeared to be the only plumber in N Wales with a Google review. I decided that I would get other customers to do reviews where possible.

48 hrs later the review has disappeared.

Anybody know why this might be? It was a pleasant review by a real customer from their home PC...

PS. Try "plumber London" and you can see some with lots of reviews in place.

Sponsored Links
Google changes its index all the time, sites get banned etc, a postion in google never stays there long unless you work hard at it (impossible if the review was not on your site).

The review came back after a few days absent - very strange.

Sponsored Links
May be Googles way of checking with the reviewer that they actually had work done by you otherwise you could get all your mates to write reviews saying how wonderful you are!

Back