Google.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am finding google very hard to get but Yahoo load very fast. Some other sites are also slow to load up.

We have two computers both suffering as above.

Can anyone shed some light please?

Sponsored Links
Are you using windows xp? Have you tried running disc clean up & defrag?

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I am using XP. Have cleaned the disc but not Defrag for a while. Computer says no defrag required but will do it anyway.

Thanks you.

Have defraged the drive. Has made no difference.

If there had been a problem my end, Yahoo and some other sites would have loaded at snails pace too, not to mention second computer which is acting the same.

Sponsored Links
Hiya DP,
Google should be equivalent in speed to Yahoo.
Maybe it's your PC running slow. There's a small application called 'CCleaner' from piriform that cleans a lot of crap off your hard drive that disk cleanup doesn't touch. That might help. Sometimes if you leave your PC on for long periods of time (downloading) it runs slow. A shutdown often helps.
They're the basics. Run a malware and virus scan. Try 'Task Manager' and see what processes are running. If anything is running a high percentage you can google/yahoo the .exe and get an idea of what it is.
Are the two PCs connected?

Desktop is fixed location. Laptop is wireless connection.

Will try your suggestion but I am all thumbs. It is my son (in Macclesfield) who tweeks the computer (in Glasgow) when he visits.

Thanks for your help. Will post the clear when I know what it is.

Ta much

Dan

Log on to your router and check you up / downstream data rates.
If you are on a BT line have a listen for noise on the line ( lift phone ,dial 1 and listen for any crackles )
If there is noise on the line this can cause your speeds to be drastically low.

Sponsored Links
Back