GPS on new BG vans

What pension black hole is that then.
How much did installation side lose

Sponsored Links
What pension black hole is that then.
How much did installation side lose

virtually all the ftse 100 has a pensions black hole and centrica is no exception. The installs side is downsizing and the plan is to sub even more work out as they're market share is dwindling due to high prices in a depressive market.

Wrong and wrong
Centrica does not have a black hole that was addressed several years ago

Installation made over 20 million last year and held its market share of 10% with all the other big companies joined together taking 12% as oppossed to down sizing they are spending money on consultants on how to increarse their market share .
With the main thing being flagged up is too expensive so prices have already started to drop and will drop further.
Savings are being made by getting rid of management and moving heating back under the oatch umbrella as it always used to be . So the only down sizing is getting rid of a management level

Have to agree with namsag on this..... am I right in thinking the action to address the problem was the closing of the final salary scheme and the creation of CERIS?
I've never heard or read anything about Centrica having a pensions black hole, one of my friends friends works for Barclays Capital and he has always said Centrica have been a pretty solid company compared to most, and quite astute when it comes to pensions management...
TBH I know bot all about corporate finance and will bow to evidence to the contray....

Sponsored Links
I must be mistaken by the pension blackhole then, glad to see my moneys safe for the time being. As for 20 million profits for the install side how can a national company charge double the competition do and still only make 20m throughout the entire uk with some 25m households?

10% market share of the boiler change/install market is quite poor for such as massive organisation.

Boiler manufacturers like Vaillant and Baxi are branching out to do their own installs now and looking to grab a big slice of the pie. . . . .

Did you really work for BG DM.
If so you would know that the managers are on a fortune, although the stuff is cheap to BG this is not what they pay to the department that supplies them, they pay for rent , advertising ,salesmen, company cars ,vans etc etc etc. These are all far more than they should be. The figure are really silly when you see them broken down and the profit made is quite small out of the total.
At present they are getting rid of salesmen on around £30k basic and replacing them with guys on £6k and better commission approx £200 a sale.
Profit margins and sales will shoot up because rightly or wrongly millions still think they are the kiddies

As for 20 million profits for the install side how can a national company charge double the competition do and still only make 20m throughout the entire uk with some 25m households?

Im probably wrong but I would assume its something to do with the huge overheads the Install side have... I would expect to see the actual business turnover of CHI to be alot higher, which would be right, huge company with vast outlays such as advertising, staffing, stock, fleet etc, all eats into the bottom net profit.... if you think of the logistics for the company then £20million isn't a bad net profit for only one side of the BG 'umbrella'

They do that bad they are biggest heating installers in europe with over 111,000 installs a year.
Very blinkered

They do that bad they are biggest heating installers in europe with over 111,000 installs a year.
Very blinkered

they are unique in europe as the offspring of a state owned organisation and so they inherited a brand and national network. Being the biggest isn't always best Lehman Brothers and Enron being good examples.

they are unique in europe as the offspring of a state owned organisation

E-On
RWE (npower)
EDF

All state owned. ESPECIALLY edf, very agressive national identity and monopoly.

BG might be an offspring but these buggers are still state owned, they are also on a different note part of the problem wholesale gas prices in the UK are rising.... no competition on the continent unlike here.

i just read the first post properly.

i dont believe the new caddy's have trackers on them yet, they will most likely be installed with the rest of them in the next few months.

When the driver dropped my van off a month ago, he warned me that the GPS was fitted.

Just not 100% if its live yet as most of the engineers on patch still have the old 55 56 reg's

Ideal boilers and warmsure have had them for a while. I get weekly speeding reports and can also get drivers positions in realtime and check any day, week, or month at anytime to query anything as required.
It shows speeding excessive idling all travel times to and from jobs and stopped times at jobs!
Just a management tool and not used fo disciplineries :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back