GPS on new BG vans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Do any of the BG lads know how the GPS works on the new caddys.

Ie. does it detect when the engine is started/stopped?

Sponsored Links
I have no idea

But my caddy, which is very new has a trip switch under the bonnet that kills all power if something is draining the battery after the ignition is off (I think there is some sort of time delay)
I'm wondering if this will kill power to the tracker????

Otherwise I think I'll need to leave the van on patch and walk home......

trackers record start/stops, average and max speeds, idling time and when the key is left in the ign (even if engine not running).

They've got you by the balls mr lsx.

Thats going to put a stop to them using the van and materials whilst doing their foreigners.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
How is it going to stop them using materials,
Give it a few days someone will suss it out how to cloak the tracker Transco guys can do theirs
Bit like when we got the first laptops we could alter the time on them .And put what we wanted
Second lot they took clock off and said there was no way it could not communicate with base. Took me 5 mins to workout how to disable it and 15 mins to phone everyone else on patch on how to do it.
Someone will always work it out its all part off the game

thing is with trackers if yours keeps playing up you are putting yourself under suspicion and they'll send a tsm round to follow you covertly.

bg are wanting to shed staff by natural wastage and that means pi$$ing people off until they leave; it's gonna get alot worse.

Think the BG van driving behind you will be a give away or if tracker not on how is he going to find you ;)
In reality you would be clever enough not to attract suspicion but i know if i was still there i would be leaving fek working 8 hours a day for them

thing is with trackers if yours keeps playing up you are putting yourself under suspicion and they'll send a tsm round to follow you covertly.

bg are wanting to shed staff by natural wastage and that means p**sing people off until they leave; it's gonna get alot worse.

We all know you hate BG.

Change the record for once, its getting boring.

very apt name "lsxit". :LOL:

Truth is it's a $hit job and everyone knows it. :rolleyes:

After speaking to some of the lads on friday its getting worse by the day.
9 people applied for apprenticeship in leics area 6 where from the office are they really that stupid

Still got my old unrestricted 55 reg combo clatterbang thankk god....
Transco ones were easy, tin foil over the the unit under the cup hold dash on the transits.....
Are the screens going to be watched permanently?? Transco ones were used only in conjunction with in built panic alarm as the system was so expensive and they had to pay extra to receive specfic data such as where you were at any particular moment.....
The gaffers did just used to get data sheets containing engine start/stop times - which they used to check u were on time for shifts and only if they wanted to correlate your on/off site times.....
This was ok for me as I was on isolated sites so could sit there all day in a warm(ish) governor kiosk..... worried that BG ones will be watched all the time and customers rang to see if you've nicked off for a sandwich.

I know now though that Northern Gas/United Utilities have binned the trackers on their new vans.... was costing too much to run for little benefit... even to dispatch the emergency lads.

Still got my old unrestricted 55 reg combo clatterbang thankk god....
Transco ones were easy, tin foil over the the unit under the cup hold dash on the transits.....
Are the screens going to be watched permanently?? Transco ones were used only in conjunction with in built panic alarm as the system was so expensive and they had to pay extra to receive specfic data such as where you were at any particular moment.....
The gaffers did just used to get data sheets containing engine start/stop times - which they used to check u were on time for shifts and only if they wanted to correlate your on/off site times.....
This was ok for me as I was on isolated sites so could sit there all day in a warm(ish) governor kiosk..... worried that BG ones will be watched all the time and customers rang to see if you've nicked off for a sandwich.

I know now though that Northern Gas/United Utilities have binned the trackers on their new vans.... was costing too much to run for little benefit... even to dispatch the emergency lads.

trackers much like sat nav's have come down in price now and there's plenty of companies offering fleet solutions at low cost now. Fact is the guys who sell loads of powerflushes/boilers/upgrades/cod's will be left alone it'll be the low performers and low sales engineers they'll pick on and scrutinise in depth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back