Grant Minor 50/90 S Nozzle size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guy in work has noticed that his boiler is starting to chew oil.

It is a 1992 Grant Minor. Reckons it has only started doing it since he changed the nozzle himself about a year ago. ]

He fitted a 0.55 80 H nozzle and asked me is this the right size nozzle for this burner. Burner isnt a riello, think it is an ecoflam.

I onyl do gas so would be guessing what he needs. Cant find a manual for this online.

Inside of boiler is spotless. Assuming this is the right nozzle and thats it burning okay its probably time to change the boiler.

Know he should be getting it set up properly with flue analysis but tehre is no talkingt o soem people.

G

Sponsored Links
By chewing oil do you mean he's used more than usual ? If so tell him it's been a long cold winter and everyone has used more oil than usual.
And tell him to get it professionally checked/serviced as this is the only sure way to tell what it's doing and whether it is still capable of meeting his own requirements.
Stix.

Yeah i mean using more oil.

Fully take on board what your saying about the winter too!!!!!

With regard to the nozzle and just for my own info what size should be in the burner for this scenario??

Thanks

G

As the boiler is capable of from 50,000 btu-90,000 btu and the oil pressure is not known and the desired output is not known, how are we expected to tell you which nozzle to fit ? A .55 should give an output within this range if properly set up. With the info we have this is as much as i can say. Maybe someone else can add.
Stix.

Sponsored Links
outinthestix,

Completely understand where you are coming from and i know you guys have to set things up exactly to get optimum performance.

Was just basically wondering if this nozzle was within the ball park as the custard is blaming his wildly increased fuel use on having the wrong nozzle size fitted.

As i dont know how to spec nozzles then i couldnt really turn round and tell him that its not the case.

With regard to oil pressure etc the only thing he changed on the burner was the nozzle but again without checking we wont know.

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back