Grant multipass boiler locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help in these freezing temperatures? We recently moved in and the oil ran out before the supplier was able to deliver more. Managed to get 100 litres in canisters and poured it into the tank then attempted to bleed the air out myself. Once oil started running I tried the boiler and it seemed to be starting up then promptly locked out after about 10 seconds.

After trying the bleed valve again realised I hadn't got all the air out and so kept turning slowly until seemingly no more hissing. Then tried firing up again but the same lockout every time. Can anyone advise? Might try the bleeding yet again tomorrow in case I still haven't got all the air out, am hoping that's the problem but it's not looking good unless there's pockets of it as last time the oil was flowing straight out.

Would be v. grateful of any suggestions or advice - of course the best advice would be to call a plumber but would like to get it sorted asap and all the plumbers I've rung so far have been pretty busy at the moment (wonder why!). The Grant service centre had an answer message saying they're closed until February! Hopefully the Internet isn't quite as snowed under...

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
Steve, its best to remove the flexible pipe that connects into the burner pump, rather than trying to bleed it at the pump itself. Once it runs clean here, reconnect and try again.
John :)

Thanks Burnerman, turned out I hadn't bled it properly. Not sure what I'd done wrong but was happy enough when the bill only came to £35.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back