Grasslin/Towerchron QE2 Controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one these controllers, which just recently has started losing its programme, (the display reverts to a flashing screen, and the time and day has to be reset in order to get the heating running again). The unit is at least 10 years old and I suspect the problem could be the PCB mounted rechargeable battery needs replacing. Does anyone know a supplier for this battery? There is no information on the battery itself.

Sponsored Links
I have one these controllers, which just recently has started losing its programme, (the display reverts to a flashing screen, and the time and day has to be reset in order to get the heating running again). The unit is at least 10 years old and I suspect the problem could be the PCB mounted rechargeable battery needs replacing. Does anyone know a supplier for this battery? There is no information on the battery itself.

I had the same problem which turned out to be just a dodgy contact on one or more of the contact pins. These pins connect the circuit board to the back panel. Unplug the board, clean the pins and refit the board. A similar (3 pin) rechargeable battery is available from Maplins but I cannot say if it is suitable. As I say, the battery wasn't the problem in my case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back