Gravel drive boudary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a gravel drive and I constantly find the gravel creeping onto the pavement at the drive entrance so i looked around and saw other houses have 2 or 3 lines of bricks in parallel lines as a boundary to i assume stop this happening. Is there any particular type of brick i should use and how is best to lay them, should i put them down as described for laying a whole drive or should i cement them in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They are probably block pavers rather than clay bricks. Assuming the sub base is already ok, You should bed them down on 4 inches of lean concrete 4:2:1 or similar and haunch them in to stop them getting knocked.

It may sound like overkill but you are creating a rigid area that gets point loaded and so is more liable to sink and cause wheel ruts than a flexible gravel surface which absorbs and spreads the weight better.

Part of your problem may be the gravel is too thick near the road and hence why its getting pulled out but to a certain extend all gravel drives will do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back