Gravel driveway on a slope...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind me asking for some advice :)

I have a gravel driveway with a 4x3m sloped bit, on which currently there is no gravel.

I want to extend the gravel to this area, and plan to use some Floplast Ground Grab Tiles from Screwfix.

At the moment, the sloped area is just flat earth, and I'm planning to put some anti-weed sheet down, then put the ground tiles on that, and sprinkle the gravel into the gaps, so it doesn't roll down the slope.

The problem is that I'm not sure if I need to strengthen the ground under the tiles. As they dont have solid bottoms, I think that maybe they'll sink into the earth when I drive over them. So I'm wondering if I should lay some concrete slabs under them, or some of that instand cold tarmac, hardcore, or something else.

What do you think? It needs to be cheap and fairly easy; I don't want to dig down more than a few inches as there are loads of roots and rocks and it'll take hours.

Sponsored Links
Wow I had a feeling someone would say something that makes me feel stupid, thank you so much, I really appreciate that!!!

If I had asked. question and someone had gone to the trouble to look up the info and post it I would be thanking them.Sorry I didnt realise some are sensitive souls.

Sponsored Links
If anything you want 4 or 6” of MOT under them. Forget the slabs and tarmac.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back