Gravity water can i pump?

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
christopher said:
I qualified as a plumber in 1989 and have never gone into the trade
Good move!

Your title for this thread is "gravity water can i pump?". Now you are proposing to keep gravity circulation with a C plan. Fine if that's what you want, but it's not what you were asking for. Have you changed your mind or are you just confused (understandable with that twit Bob Dull throwing spanners in t'works)?

i thought i was pumping the gravity with the motorised valve on the gravity return?

To be honest you are quite right i am now very confused :confused: . What i would really like is a step by step guide converting my system to an S plan as i believe that would be my easiest option of fitting because i am a novice.

Could you oblige? ;)

The initial problem as I read it was that new HW circuit had to go down and then up so is no longer possible as a gravity system hence c plan is not feasible if HW pumped.

Proposal of 2 port valve linked to tank stat is a possible quarter-way house to a controlled system but only if valve does not restrict free path from boiler to vent. There is no point wiring this back to pump (and boiler) as this either would shut down pump while heating is still required or do nothing at all depending on the wiring arrangement.

Pumping over or pumping into closed circuits if all rads are turned off in summer will be possibilities if vent & feed are not teed in close together between boiler and pump and you have not got an auto bypass valve between pressure side of pump and return to boiler.

Sponsored Links
christopher said:
Could you oblige?
I thought I already had! Here we go again....

1. Ignore all posts by Bob Dull.

2. Look at the diagrams, etc., on the Honeywell site as both I and kevplumb keep saying.

3. When you understand what the diagrams represent, consider how your own system can best be adapted - i.e. Y plan or S plan.

i would go for the y if i where you .............but you could use the s plan
my mistake c plan is for gravity only dhw and pumped heating
well at least i can own up to a mistake god help anyone who works with these two characters...............

Big deal its not a rocket going to mars chill out christ + kevnumb

Try this site

http://www.pegler.co.uk/training/index2.html

It is a real idiot's guide (no offence intended) to control systems with voice over and explanatory moving diagrams of what happens when different controls operate.

take some time to work your way through it and with your plumbing skills you can figure out what is needed.

So the gravity pipes have got to go down a bit then up :?: Make a loop , or post a diagram Y plans are for Y Fronts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for all your help, love the bickering on here :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Think this is a little out of my league with my current knowledge, i have arranged for a plumber to come out on Thursday evening and give me a quote.

Cheers ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back