Grayling, finally a smart man

Did you agree with Mr Grayling's opinion?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you don't like the law, protest (if you dare :eek: ) or lobby (if you can afford it ;) ) to get it changed. Until such time as that happens, the rule of thumb on here is to live with it and stop whinging.

:) Debate is always the first step. I wouldn't advocate breaking the law but discussion of rights and wrongs is not breaking it.

Sponsored Links
I am of the opinion that the B&B owner has the right to refuse , political correctness has in my view got out of control , forced on the majority by a vocal manority , who are offended by pretty much anything ?? adoption by gay couple's ect ect , conduct a social experiment with children ???

How did the woman know they were gay unless she asked them? Would she ask a hetro couple if they like back door sex? What if they were two men who were just mates on a fishing trip? And surely any two men that didn't have sex on that night are asexual anyway. Did she ask them if they were going to have sex in her house? If she doesn't like society she should keep her door shut.

Let me ask all of you this,
Would any of you turn down work in a homosexual couples house?

Sponsored Links
people to have their own mind..............they have the right to decide who can or can not come into their own house. If there is an honest belief that allowing these people in will be an affront to morality, can you really believe forcing them is the way to go?

I don't have to agree with their beliefs in order to fight for their rights to have them.

Having religious beliefs does NOT provide you with a mandate to discriminate.

People could just as easily use a religion for these purposes.

However, that is not to say that if you feel strongly about a certain 'walk of life' then why should you not be able to say who is allowed on your property?

Sounds like gay bashing to me.

If a known paedophile were to be refused stay in a hotel that had a lot of families as guests then i would back the decision.

I'm not convinced that being gay is a problem for most people. It is when folk are 'outwardly' gay is what some people find distasteful, as they would seeing a heterosexual couple snogging and fondling at the breakfast table.

Edited typo!!!! :oops:

Ah c'mon Nosey - we talked you round didn't we?

people to have their own mind..............they have the right to decide who can or can not come into their own house. If there is an honest belief that allowing these people in will be an affront to morality, can you really believe forcing them is the way to go?

I don't have to agree with their beliefs in order to fight for their rights to have them.

Having religious beliefs does NOT provide you with a mandate to discriminate.

People could just as easily use a religion for these purposes.

However, that is not to say that if you feel strongly about a certain 'walk of life' then why should you not be able to say who is allowed on your property?

Sounds like gay bashing to me.

If a known paedophile were to be refused stay in a hotel that had a lot of families as guests then i would back the decision.

I'm not convinced that being gay is a problem for most people. It is when folk are 'outwardly' gay is what some people find distasteful, as they would seeing a heterosexual couple snogging and fondling at the breakfast table.

Edited typo!!!! :oops:

Thought that might be the case.
Everyones idea of what is normal or suitable is different from anyone else. I think the fact that it is your house means that you get use your own opinions.

Why would any gay couple WANT to pay money to people like this anyway??

:idea: I think that not allowing a certain customer may be a commercial decision, don't you think...? :idea:

:idea: I think that not allowing a certain customer may be a commercial decision, don't you think...? :idea:

....do you mean so they put a sign up over the door "Free from Sodomy since 1942"?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. How would it help them commercially?

No chance Dexty. Landlords should be able to decide for themselves on this issue,, not have it imposed on them by "law". :rolleyes: Sorry mate,,, my opinion.
So you'd advocate a sign outside a b&b saying "No Vacancies for Blacks, Asians, Chinks, Mincers, Scots, Irish, Welsh, Atheists, Non Catholics, Plasterers, nor anyone from Nuneaton. All others welcome"

If Carlsberg done b&b !!! If ONLY

Let me ask all of you this,
Would any of you turn down work in a homosexual couples house?

if they were planning on having sex while I was there I might.. :rolleyes:

I don't have any religious beliefs other than the theory that Jesus was an alien and his "miracles" were just technology unknown to the people of the day.. so I don't object on that basis, just the " i think it's nasty and don't want to see or hear it" basis..

I don't have anyting against gays at all, and that's not why I take the position that I do, it's the principle of a person not having the right to choose who to interact with that I dissagree with..

I'm not quite sure what you mean. How would it help them commercially?

If a fat smelly bloke drove away a dozen potential customers then it would be in the owners' interests to lose the fat smelly bloke.

I don't think that most places advertise that they have gay people in them.

What is it, like 1 in 10 people are gay? So chances are if you have stayed in any hotel, you have slept in the same bed as a gay person. Does that drive people away??

Sponsored Links
Back