Votes: 2 11.8%
  • JohnD is wrong

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
A fix to stop people moaning about the (small) number of low-income people who suffered up to about £300 p.a. when the 10% tax rate was increased to 20%.

Looks like it will shovel money into everyone's pocket, so most gainers will be people who didn't lose out before :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7397705.stm

wot a cockup :rolleyes:

edited: to add extra option

Sponsored Links
why not check your facts.
most of the people who would have lost out because of the 10p tax rate would be eligible for working tax credit.. that is a fact!
a few would lose out but far more ordinary working people will have gained from the tax changes. that is also a fact!

it could be argued that it is more expensive to move money around (tax credits) but it is also a way of checking if people will abuse the tax system.
i take it you would approve of that part, because i do.

why do you not mention the family man who would be better off under the new tax system rather than those who will miss out because of it!
could you be a touch bias, or niave.
ive seen what you write so i know you are not stupid.

i take it you want the scrotes of this world to stop abusing the benefit system..... well this is how the govt think they can best sort that out..

because you write well people will believe you. that gives you a responsibility to get your facts right. in this case you are a mile away.

let me check where you think I have got my facts wrong :confused: I'm willing to listen. Which of these is wrong?

(1) A fix to stop people moaning

(2) about the (small) number

(3) of low-income people who suffered up to about £300 p.a.

(4) when the 10% tax rate was increased to 20%.

(5) Looks like it will shovel money into everyone's pocket,

(6) so most gainers will be people who didn't lose out before

(7) a cockup (this is clearly an opinion not a statement of fact)

p.s. I will add an extra option to the opinion survey

A tax change that was widely crtiicised, (and probably widely misunderstood), has been reviewed and adjustments announced. As a result 600,000 people will now be taken out of income tax altogether and everyone on basic rate will benefit.

Will people stop moaning now?

Sponsored Links
im glad you have taken notice.

you have written about this before showing a similar bias
now you would like to take this in another direction so as to cover the general cock-ups that 'you' have made. (your term)

you set up a poll to moan about brown but you dont understand how tax credits work. this means that any opinion you have about this is worthless.

i feel embarrassed that you would choose to turn into a joe90 and ignore the general nature of my rebuke and instead try to draw me into a 'you cant spell so you must be wrong' argument.
2 a small number of low income (because they would never have lost out)
i will and im not low income. megawatt will and he says hes not low income.

it will not put it into mine or mega's

7 you present this as fact, and that, is the bit that bothers me.

i answered your list because the way things work on here. people will think what i have written is wrong when in reality;it is not

i wont do a joe90 argument because they become never ending and boring.
i cant give you exact figures but i do know that about 85% of the low paid people you were implying would lose out would have dropped into the tax credit limit and so qualify for more dosh.

if gordon is to blame then it is for not getting that message across even when he had a back bench rebellion.
ask the bbc why they simply didnt report that this was indeed the case..
then you will see why brown is suffering.

i dont mean to be rude to you john, i'll save that for joe and mega

:)

A tax change that was widely crtiicised, (and probably widely misunderstood), has been reviewed and adjustments announced. As a result 600,000 people will now be taken out of income tax altogether and everyone on basic rate will benefit.

it could be argued that this is just spin but if the bbc do 'expose' brown; it might be asked why they let the story that people would lose out; run and run :rolleyes:

brown should go now because he will never beat the bbc.
he has done very little wrong and most things he is blamed for are outside of his control but without accurate reporting;this will never come across.

will people stop moaning :eek: never!!! we are english,tis our job :)

A crazy mistake in the first place - I honestly think Brown has no connection to people - He thought no one would see through 'abolition of 10% tax' --- not untrue, but people more interested in the fact that the 10% was increased to 20%... He's been 'at it' for years, (we may begin to wonder if the upbeat economy enjoyed in recent years was not actually due to Brown's actions but in spite of them... )

...Around 17 million middle-income earners, who did not lose out when the 10p rate was axed, will gain from what the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS) described as a "simple and expensive option".

Extra money for these people makes up around £2bn of the £2.7bn handout, the IFS says.

Mr Darling said he would lower the level at which 40p tax is paid by £600 to £35,400, so the most well-off would not gain more.

This will push 150,000 people into the higher 40p tax rate but the Treasury said that these people would still benefit from the extra £120 this year.

It remains to be seen what will happen next year, as all these changes are for this year only...

If you didn't :D :D you'd be sure to :cry:

brown should go now because he will never beat the bbc.
he has done very little wrong and most things he is blamed for are outside of his control but without accurate reporting;this will never come across.

You are obviously not living in the same world as most of us. All Government decisions are in his control, getting rid of the 10p tax threshhold and raiding the pensions pot to name but two.

Brown should go now, not because of the BBC but because he is an unelected buffoon and is in power because of a cosy agreement with Blair.

Tax has risen allowing for inflation by 57% under Bliar and Brown nose.

AtoZ Wrote:
I dont mean to be rude to you john, i'll save that for joe and mega
I'm not your trained Rottweiler ... Exert your own rudeness.

Now f*** off :LOL:

MW

p.s. I WON'T be better off :rolleyes:

I would not wish anyone to be rude to me.

I won't be better off either (or worse).

Don't know why anyone needs tax credits, what with the average wage being £27,000 or so. Some people are just greedy.

As you know :rolleyes: the point of an average wage is that some earn more and some earn less.

No !!!! wait till we find out where the 2.7 billiooooonnns is coming from...

I cant get tax credits ...I work too hard.. :LOL:
Wife cant she dont work over 30hrs... :mad:
I suspect even brown dont understand credits.. he can't, or surely he would not have cut the 10p in first place..
I dont se how a £300 pay cut to the low paid whilst increasing benifits to higher earners can be misunderstood. My wifes pay for this month is £6 extra tax... because of the cut..

Sponsored Links
Back