Great Movie Scenes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What specific scene from what movie makes you think 'wow!' (in a good way) and why?

Movie
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, 1966.

Scene
Cemetery scene featuring Clint Eastwood (Blondie), Eli Wallach (Tuco) and Lee Van Cleef (Angel Eyes.)

Why?
The cinematography, use of camera shots combined with an excellent music score to build tension.

Sponsored Links
Planet of the Apes.When they see the remains of the Statue of Liberty.Lassie come Home. When she comes home.All of Crash.When Memphis Belle Lands.The theme to 633 squadron.Jimmy Cagney when he was killed in ."Angels with Dirty Faces""..Did he scream because he was a coward or to help the kids.Pete Postlethwaite in Brassed off..And his final speech.Billy Elliot.The final scene and Gary Lewis crying..And Gary Lewis running into the pub to tell everyone about Billy..And Gary Lewis crying with his son because he is breaking the strike..Incredible Acting.
Montgomery Clift in "From Here to Eternity" playing "Taps" on the bugle.Doris Day Singing.
Laurence Olivia holding Cathy at the end of Wuthering Heights

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
THE MISSION.SOUNDTRACK.
Robert De Niro having the rope cut at top of the falls.Final Scenes ot The Mission.

The puppet in this clip is more like Gove than Gove is himself.

When You Have to Shoot, Shoot

Andy

I'm going to kill you, but first I'll talk at you for a few mins about how I'm going to kill you. Then, after I think I've killed you, I'll leave without making sure you are actually dead. So many movie villains let down by that strategy so yeah ... when you have to shoot, shoot!

Sponsored Links
Back