Great news...

let's suppose you live in Croydon. Let's suppose Croydon has 4 MPs. Let's suppose the people of Croydon are in favour of Sunday opening of food shops. Let's suppose that forty years ago Croydon had the right to insist on Sunday opening of food shops, but couldn't be arsed.

Do the people of Croydon have the right to elect MPs that support Sunday opening and commit to campaigning for it? Do Croydon's MPs have the right, and the duty, to put forward this campaign among their fellow MPs, at Party conferences, and whenever they get the chance to appear on Question Time or HIGNFY?

Let's suppose that Parliament only has 28 constituencies, and Croydon is one of the four biggest. Let's suppose that it used to have only half that number, and Croydon was one of the biggest. Let's suppose that Parliament has committees and special interest groups relating to retail and Sunday openings, and the Croydon MPs couldn't be arsed to join them and raise the issue.

If the people of Croydon, and their MPs, don't care enough to do anything about it, and just sit in Spoonies grumbling, whose fault is it if nothing gets done? Will it do any good for the people of Croydon to moan that they don't have total power to set UK laws, and demand that Croydon leaves the UK?

Sponsored Links
notch and doggit don't actually care about 5% tax on tampons. Like Buffoon, they're just trying to think of a reason for blaming somebody else for failures of UK governments.

You're right John, I don't care about a 5% tampon tax, I believe it should be zero. But you're just looking for an argument where there isn't one; for me, this is just a point of discussion.

have they fixed a date yet for the next referendum?

Sponsored Links
I suppose the tampon tax would be more bearable over all had the UK Conservative Government not raised the standard rate of VAT (an increase of 14%) to 20% in 2011.

Keep up Noseall, it is currently 5%; we're discussing the fact that EU rules stop the UK reducing it to 0%.

notch and doggit don't actually care about 5% tax on tampons. Like Buffoon, they're just trying to think of a reason for blaming somebody else for failures of UK governments.

I have made no such assertions, dont write posts stating I have.

Jeez us wept

Tampon tax.

The [point is how far this country has fallen .

Founder member of Nato , Perm member of the UN security council .

2 world wars , fought in Korea , kicked out a facist invasion in the Falklands ect ect

And we cannot even set a tampon tax , due to the EU :LOL:

The remoaners do not care ;) they never did , They are not only happy to drop there trousers

and bend over , they will also voluntarily lube up :LOL::LOL: (noseall ? :);))

Last edited:
Look at it another way, transam.

We are so safe and pampered, we get upset at a 5% tax on things while paying, what? 60% of the cost of petrol and diesel in tax and surcharges on other fuel because of smart meters and because the Queen owns the sea-bed .

Talk about bending over.

Ah, but we have the ability to change our government, we can't do that with the EU commissioners. As usual, the argument comes back to who really controls us.

Sponsored Links
Back