Great news...

Sponsored Links
Pssst....can someone let the quitters know it hasn't happened yet, and at least for another three years.

Don't bother Transam, it's nothing us quiters don't already know, so no point. Apparently, Rees-Mogg was just stating the obvious as a way of reminding Davies that they aren't going to stand for it, so the 2 year transition could well get ditched.

Sorry Noseall; but it won't be as bad as you're hoping for.

Sponsored Links
they aren't going to stand for it.
They? The government don't give a chuff about Quitter voters, they've already shown that.

I think you'll find the Brexit thing could get indefinitely postponed in favour of some wishy-washy, soft brexit - appeasement. Most sensible people knew a hard brexit was doomed form the start.

Um, "they" being the European Research Group; 100 MPs who Reese-Mogg has just been elected chairman of. "They" will hold David Davies feet to the fire to make sure he and the others don't backtrack too much.

For the rest, I suspect you're right; but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't end up with a hard Brexit the way the EU negotiating team is being so intransigent.

Um, "they" being the European Research Group; 100 MPs who Reese-Mogg has just been elected chairman of. "They" will hold David Davies feet to the fire to make sure he and the others don't backtrack too much.
I think you'll find that it is our EU cousins dictating what we will and will not do. I'm sure the ...er... ERG will have plenty to talk about and will have lots of fun acting important.

By the way, the EU and the Tories are running the country.(y)

I think you'll find that it is our EU cousins dictating what we will and will not do

And it's that intransigent attitude that will cause a backlash in the end. Cameron had no backbone, and just caved in, but I don't think that May will do so, and in the end, the EU will get told that they can either give us the deal we want, or they get nothing, and that'll cause them to shyte themselves. It'll go down to the wire in the end. There are already several countries saying they'll give us the deal we want, (even some Germans are hinting at it) and it's only really Macron strutting his stuff, that's playing hard ball.

There are already several countries saying they'll give us the deal we want
Excellent. Is that before or after we've paid the £45 billion, caved in on Ireland the movement of people ECJ influence and built a bridge to France?

If Barnier pushes too far, then May will walk away, and they won't get the £45Bn. But I reckon you're right on Ireland, half wrong on the the free movement (there will be stipulations on it) right on the ECJ, and doubtful to the bridge.

Sponsored Links
Back