Green fever!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered a new emotion, and named it:

"de-traffic-lighted - the elation at arriving home from work 15 minutes early following a 5 mile through-city journey in which every single traffic light was green!"
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

From memory there are at least 15 sets of lights on this journey, the odds must be incredible! Ah well, won't happen again for another 10 years :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I used to have a four mile journey to work that took 45 mins on a good day. About half way along the route on a morning this guy would pass me on foot and vanish into the distance.

20 miles to work, two sets of traffic lights (but there can be more depending which way i go). One of these sets of lights (its a 3-way "triangle" junction) knows when a car is approaching, so providing i'm the only influence on them at the time (ie theres no other cars about) it will change straight away to give me green. The other set of lights is at the top of a motorway sliproad, simple 2-way operation, and default is to keep traffic moving on the roundabout if theres nobody coming up the slip. So again, when its quiet i always get green! :D

Sponsored Links
25 miles to work, depending which way I go, 1 pelican crossing. More likely to get stuck at the 2 sets of manual railway crossings!

Spark123 said:
25 miles to work, depending which way I go, 1 pellican crossing. More likely to get stuck at the 2 sets of manual railway crossings!
oooh thats harsh lol

spark123... say ... lucky you!
no herds of cows on way for milking?
no sheep on roads?
tractors or caravans? :D

lol, yeah, we get them too. I work shifts hence only seem to get caught up going in afternoon shift or coming home off morning shift. Caravans are probably the worst offenders, especially the sight seeing variety!

Sponsored Links
Back