Greenhouse footing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve dug the footings for my 10 by 6 foot aluminium and glass greenhouse. They are for a 6” deep concrete foundation around the perimeter i.e. not a slab. Anyway, I have countless buckets of flints from my garden, many of them are 2 to 4 inches across, and I want to get rid of them. Can I pour in an inch or two of concrete then lay a line of larger flints down the middle of the trench, followed by the rest of the concrete? Or put some in the base before the pour?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I’ve dug the footings for my 10 by 6 foot aluminium and glass greenhouse. They are for a 6” deep concrete foundation around the perimeter i.e. not a slab. Anyway, I have countless buckets of flints from my garden, many of them are 2 to 4 inches across, and I want to get rid of them. Can I pour in an inch or two of concrete then lay a line of larger flints down the middle of the trench, followed by the rest of the concrete? Or put some in the base before the pour?
Concrete in contact with the ground, always. Introducing items into an already shallow footing is not the best idea. Use them in the base. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back