Grenfell Cancers?

Sponsored Links

Air frying can create other harmful compounds​

While air fryers reduce the likelihood of acrylamide formation, other potentially harmful compounds could still form.

Not only does air frying still run the risk of creating acrylamides, but polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines can result from all high-heat cooking with meat.

These compounds have associations with cancer risk, according to the National Cancer InstituteTrusted Source.

Scientists need to do additional research to clarify exactly how air frying and these compounds correlate.

Air fried food is not guaranteed to be healthful​

Air fryers are capable of making foods that are healthier than deep-fried food, but keep in mind that fried food is still fried food. When cooking excessively with oil, there will always be associated health effects.

Noseall said...

Eh?

It's almost as if you are suggesting that the air fryer cooking process is placing carcinogens into food, that would not be present by any alternative cooking process, correct?
Your post is nonsense.
Carcinogens in food regards air fryers are not unique or mutually exclusive.

Someone, somewhere:

Doesn't drink alcohol
Doesn't smoke
Doesn't eat meat
Doesn't eat processed food
Doesn't eat fried food
Doesn't drink caffeinated drinks
Exercises regularly, but not excessively

Blah blah blah

Sponsored Links
Someone, somewhere:

Doesn't drink alcohol
Doesn't smoke
Doesn't eat meat
Doesn't eat processed food
Doesn't eat fried food
Doesn't drink caffeinated drinks
Exercises regularly, but not excessively

Blah blah blah

I used to know that bloke, he got killed when a piano fell on him when he was popping to the shops . . . .

The real danger, like any form of cooking appears to be from over cooking, burning, which is likely in an air fryer because they tend to cook quicker.

The form of cooking itself is not the real issue, or so all the information appears to say.

Just saying that they are not the risk free healthy alternative that Dork thinks they are cracked up to be
The claim that they are more cancer risky than alternative cooking processes is nonsense. Food can and will get burnt by any cooking process. The oil -re-heat argument is just as silly and can be attributed (more strongly) to other cooking processes.

Jus silly scare stuff for gullible Wail dribblers.

The claim that they are more cancer risky than alternative cooking processes is nonsense. Food can and will get burnt by any cooking process. The oil -re-heat argument is just as silly and can be attributed (more strongly) to other cooking processes.

Jus silly scare stuff for gullible Wail dribblers.

....wrong.

I see you edited your post. (y)
Yeah, didn’t read your post correctly. Anyway, my point stands - they are not the healthy risk-free alternative they are cracked up to be. Son and Daughter in law bought one, tried it a few times then gave up on it. They reckons everything came out with 'plasticky' taste and no, they hadn’t left the instruction book in it. Anyway, we have an air fryer of sorts - it’s called a fan oven!

Lightly coat pork chops in olive oil, sprinkle mix of 1tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic salt & 1/2tsp of black pepper.

Air fry @190c for 7mins, turn then further 7mins.

Et' Voila', superb juicy succulent pork chops.

Alternatively, make campfire, slaughter wild beast, roast wild beasts leg on campfire. Eat, then drag wumman into cave.

Cancer is now the Firefighters disease , I have been a firefighter for 30 odd years most of my comrades have succumbed to it, those that are still surviving like me are having Radio Therapy treatment , The twin towers 341 firefighters were killed, but since then over 1.000 rescuers have died from Cancer related illness The Fire Brigades Union are campaining to make Cancer an Industrial Disease, its not just the fumes from fires but dirt that gets on uniforms when tackling an incident , changes in Firefighter Uniforms , materials , cleaning have now become a priority .
As you say, contamination on work wear and equipment (and the impracticality of cleaning them) is a big factor in these cancers developing.

Blup

Where is the link between Grenfell and cancer.
Being employed as firefighters it must be safe to assume they have fought other fires apart from Grenfell.

Think about happens when things burn, what they give off, and what's close to them when they settle.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back