Grey water in shed

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can actually use down to 22mm pipe if you want. If you are only using it for water then 22mm would be fine but that one can take 28mm or 32mm.

@Madrab, those two pumps are really the same mate, both just copies of the original.

Thanks for that @just pumps, didn't really have a good look at them.

That being said though on closer inspection, the 2 units look completely different? They also seem to have completely different ratings/specs??

sanitary-shower-macerator-pump-waste-pump-for-shower-sink-bath-2-inlets-P-3154542-8899020_1.jpg
flo-force-elite-sanitary-macerator-waste-pump-sink-shower-bath-250w-2-inlets-P-4029359-8755448_1.jpg

I know and it is easy to be fooled so I don`t blame people looking for a cheap fix.
BTW Neither will suit the OP`s requirements.

Sponsored Links
Those little things won`t cope with being 0.5 - 1.0m below the sewer and over a 20-25m distance.
Oh right ... Why do they spec that they'll pump 50m on a level, or less if elevating the water, as do the other macerators? Are they not capable of doing what they quote??

Oh right ... Why do they spec that they'll pump 50m on a level, or less if elevating the water, as do the other macerators? Are they not capable of doing what they quote??

They don`t. When you look into it the claims of horizontal pumping distances include a downward gradiant which whilst they all do it is to me utterly misleading, then there is the horizontal before the vertical rules which again aren`t always easy to find when planning the installation.

One manufacture used to be up front about the limits and the word is that the sales director complained that because other manufactures didn`t they were loosing sales so they stopped doing it.

Honestly I feel for the guys like yourself who spec, quote and install only to have your customer complain when things don`t go to plan. I spent many years being the face of the company talking to guys like you on site even taking the odd punch in the face!

That topic got properly hot indeed! Nevertheless i think just for a little sink the pump would be overkill, and the 45liter container I'd have to empty only 1-2 times per week. And then pump and pipes are two extra fail points. My day to day job is actually automation and efficiency improvements and from experience i know that people do expect to see a complicated machinery while all they need is a little process change or a piece of a crude equipment. Hence i got so enthusiastic about the roll along container. Didn't think of it myself, it does the job, cannot go wrong and it's easy to maintain. And cheap of course. If i would be 100% sure the cheap pump will work with no issues I'd probably do it, as that would be my favourite build and forget solution, but if it keeps failing it would end up to be quite the opposite. And i heard a lot of negative stories about the macerators.

If it will not be used much, could you not just let it water the garden?
That would be illegal
Ok legal if you promise to wash hands only, and illegal if you're to use it for preparing food.
I would not like all the grease etc to get to my garden tbh.

Honestly I feel for the guys like yourself who spec, quote and install only to have your customer complain when things don`t go to plan. I spent many years being the face of the company talking to guys like you on site even taking the odd punch in the face!
Must be honest, only ever installed 3 in my time and 2 of them were installed what the customer had delivered all saniflow. All have been simple horizontal small bore pipe to stack in 2 x centre cupboard conversion in bungalows to peripheral stack and an attic conversion where everything was less than 5m and no vertical lift. Hate the things TBH and body swerve them now. Only one call back ever and that was for the typical wet wipes.

That's good to know for the future if needed though .... (y)

That topic got properly hot indeed!

Nothing heated at all, just people having a chat. Based on what I`ve seen you post on the topic over the last few days and different forums I think you need to get more!

Must be honest, only ever installed 3 in my time and 2 of them were installed what the customer had delivered all saniflow. All have been simple horizontal small bore pipe to stack in 2 x centre cupboard conversion in bungalows to peripheral stack and an attic conversion where everything was less than 5m and no vertical lift. Hate the things TBH and body swerve them now. Only one call back ever and that was for the typical wet wipes.

That's good to know for the future if needed though .... (y)
Every days a skool day mate and good idea to body swerve them, ruddy minefield they are. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back