Grill element replacement

You say its deformed? That'll be the ring that doesn't work and will not glow hot when the grill is switched on.

Is the grill element brand new or a used part?

Sponsored Links
It has been suggested by others that elements do absorb moisture in storage and could explain your symptoms. You could try drying it out and testing it again in the cooker.
Its a long shot but worth exploring to eliminate as a possibility.

When I say deformed, it has drooped on one front corner, like it's overheated at some point. The old element has been on there since the oven was new about 12 years. The new one is brand new from AEG.

The old one works fine, I was only replacing it, because it had dropped at the corner, but I will check the resistance like you said and see if there is any difference.

Cheers

As 'Yardie' has said there may be a fault elsewhere, that element staying on all the time may be because it is being used as part of the 2nd oven element so the t/stat may have failed.
Does the 2nd oven work correctly?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back