grinding area of concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm laying a floating wood floor in a room I've knocked through, but my concrete (coated in bitumen) floor slopes up towards where the wall was knocked through by as much as 15mm in places. The rest is relatively flat.

I'm looking into hiring a concrete grinder with vacuum attachment so no dust but this works out pretty expensive for a week hire. Can't do anything that raises the floor level as the ceiling height is low already.

I can't seem to find any companies that do this. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on this?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Will making the floor 15mm higher to match the existing, using a few bags of self levelling compound, really be enough to bang your head on the ceiling?

It's not ideal.. but the biggest barrier to that is that we have bitumen and floor paint on the concrete, and the floor paint at least would need to be taken off before we could put any self levelling compound down

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem how did you rectify this. Did the concrete slope upwards towards the old wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back