Gripit Fixings

Sponsored Links
Have you seen the 2015 model of these?

http://gripitfixings.co.uk/new-gripit-2015/

They look to have addressed some of the installation issues of the original version.

I'm interested in them as there is a fairly heavy cabinet that could do with fixing on a partition wall which is basically two sheets of plasterboard with a cavity of several inches and no nearby studs etc. Not used the spring toggles / umbrella fixings for anything 'meaty' before so have steered clear of the task up until now but perhaps these new type are worth a look - although TTC's horror story of the previous type is a concern re quality even if the design has improved...

Got some of the 2015 ones. My oversized, cheap Luxor 46" TV is happily sat on the wall. The problems with the previous model have indeed been fixed. The tiny screw heads are far stronger, the new ones are suitable for PB 9.5mm to 15mm thick, and the centre thread seems much stronger.

Going to be securing to the wall the top of the 2.3m x 3.2m MFC media cabinet I'm building next week. Let's see how they cope with a 2.5m unsupported span (about 60kg unloaded).

Got some of the 2015 ones. My oversized, cheap Luxor 46" TV is happily sat on the wall. The problems with the previous model have indeed been fixed. The tiny screw heads are far stronger, the new ones are suitable for PB 9.5mm to 15mm thick, and the centre thread seems much stronger.

Going to be securing to the wall the top of the 2.3m x 3.2m MFC media cabinet I'm building next week. Let's see how they cope with a 2.5m unsupported span (about 60kg unloaded).

Although I'm decided on the Umbrella route myself now, its good to know that they have improved - don't forget to post back after you've used them to secure your cabinet, always useful to have feedback!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back