Grohe isolating Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

1. Basically connecting an isolating valve ( Bsp thread male ) into an outside tape fitting ( Bsp female ) wrappedPtf tape around 12 times . stillgot a bloody tiny leak
    Looking for a belt and braces solution as I'm going to use a few of these as I go when revamping house
    I've used Fernox lsx in the past should I revert to this or similar or a bit of both ? Can provide pics of both if necessary
    Ps the thread on Grohe fitting is serated

2. Just been googling should I have put a rubber washer in the female fitting for the male fitting to bed into ?

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't need anything else. I use gas PTFE tape, 7 wraps and tighten it 'just enough' and always leave a little thread and tape proud of the fitting . If you over do it, it will leak as you have over compressed all the tape away from the threads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back