Ground beams, piling and waste services.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Is there a maximum depth below floor level a ground beam can be cast?

The reason for asking is there need to be waste pipes which would pass right through the ground beam, obviously weakening the beam and probably causing the waste pipe problems in the future.

If i install the beam lower in the ground i can run the waste pipe over the ground beam and the brick/block will be built over it with a lintel.

I did ask a foundation company and they said 'we would advise you move the waste pipe', which was not very helpful as i can only make s**t run downhill and mains drains invert is mains drains.

Sponsored Links
How high is the top of the ground beam?
Mine comes out over the top of the beam with lintels built into wall. It has small access chamber then fall increases dramatically to join sewer at about 1800mm invert.

Google- Backdrop manhole or even Mascar bowl - these will get you from a shallow to deep invert and keep the falls correct from thereon(y)

How thick is this beam so as the pipes can't get under it? Or high so that they can't get over it?

Anyway, who ever designed it will be the ones to tell you if it can be altered.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, wessex thats what im thinking it will end up like so its good to know it happened before, thanks Nige, i should have statted my problem is actually that the invert is practically nothing, like 260mm. If they put the ground beam 150 below ground it would be smack in the way of the pipe.

Also correct woody, i was just impatient, i can get answers on here far faster than from an architect, but you are correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back