Ground Drain Connecting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit ground Drain around my patio. It will empty into an existing rectangular clay drain. How does one join the plastic ground Drain to the clay drain? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's probably not the right way but I used a glass hole cutter on mine and cemented the pipe in...

Ha Special K, that's my nickname. It's basically a clay u bend drain thingy. There are no pipe adapters or anything. I thought about cutting. Hole and cementing a pipe connector. Wondered if there was any better ways

Sponsored Links
Put a photo up of your clay drain, depending on type, depends what you may be able to do with it. Newer Vitrified clay type, you may get away with cutting a hole, or these are fairly easy to swap if need be.

The older Salt Glazed drains are one big lump, may not take kindly to you trying to cut a hole in and as Ian said on the Linked post, better swapping that out for a Bottle Gulley, which has 110mm inlet on both sides, then use a channel drain adaptor to connect.

Here are the photos. I am looking to put the channel drain along the back wall and tie in to the clay drain. ill need to remove some concrete from around the edges but it's just a rectangular clay pipe.

upload_2020-11-27_13-9-21.png
upload_2020-11-27_13-9-39.png

Looks to me, by the colour, to be Salt Glazed, so probably find there's one big lump under there. To be honest, I'd dig it out, replace with a plastic bottle gulley and connect Channel drain and downpipe in directly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back