Grundfos pump outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new install for a pellet boiler just over two years ago. We're off-grid for gas and it seemed to be a good replacement for an aging and inefficient oil boiler.

The lingering problem is the noise of the pump and it's associated pipework, which is located in an upstairs bedroom cupboard. The noise is not the pump itself, but the noise of the water flowing through the pipework attached to it.

If replacing the pump doesn't work is it possible to locate the pump outside? Not exposed, but in the ground floor external structure that I built to house the boiler., are there any downsides to this?

Regards

Tet

Sponsored Links
It's a Grundfos UPS3 15-50/65 230V

How do I find out its mode and setting?

Regards

Tet

Take a photo of the LEDs while running, (and post), you can see below what mode&setting its running at.

1704622951293.png

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply.

The offending pump is set to CCII per the above diagram. (see attached) This pump is for the six upstairs rads and the HW tank

Downstairs is a polypipe-badged grundfos UFH and the second pic shows that this is set the same. This is almost silent in operation

1704725018517.jpeg

1704725057556.jpeg

Thank you for the reply.

The offending pump is set to CCII per the above diagram. (see attached) This pump is for the six upstairs rads and the HW tank

Downstairs is a polypipe-badged grundfos UFH and the second pic shows that this is set the same. This is almost silent in operation

View attachment 328404

View attachment 328405
CC2 will circulate at over 5.2M head, should be no need for that head with 6 rads, suggest CP1 at 3.0M, if too weak, suggest CC1 at 4.2M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back