Grundfoss Pump Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a lot of problems with severe pumping over and so have had my system changed from gravity fed HW and pumped heating to both of them being pumped using the above.

This is now situated in the airing cupboard rather than by the boiler - not sure why.

The HW pump is on 1 and the heating engineer said the heating pump had to be on a higher setting. He originally had the settings as 2 and 3 but I couldnt stand the noise. We now have settings 1 and 2 but the heating pump is still too noisy. Can I turn this down to 1 as well? Clearly if the rads dont get warm it will have to go up again but is there any harm in having both pumps set the same?

Sponsored Links
This is now situated in the airing cupboard rather than by the boiler - not sure why.

The HW pump is on 1 and the heating engineer said the heating pump had to be on a higher setting.

In the airing cupboard probably because it was easier to install it there!

According to Grundfos www.grundfos.co.uk, the HW pump is normally on 1, which is logical. They do not say anything about the CH pump, presumably it has to be set according to the load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back