guestimation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

Looking for guestimate on quantity and cost of Marley modern roof tiles. A crude scetch of the roof is below (grey shaded). Assuming a standard pitch of 30' or ther abouts.

View media item 8107

T.I.A
craig ;)

Sponsored Links
at 75mm headlap you will need (min) 287 tiles.

at 100mm headlap you will need (min) 310 tiles.

allow for cutting.

this is assuming a rafter length approximately 3480mm (3m run at 30 degrees).

there may be an extra course for soffit overhang so allow another 30 tiles. ;)

Thankyou very much big fella ;)

Hows the building game for you?. I have four builders I do plumbing and gas for and they are pretty quiet, scratting around really.

Thanks again:cool:

Sponsored Links
Hi clf,
You should be looking around the £1,100 mark for a job that size and to include:

Tiles
Breathable Felt Membrane
Tile Battens
Tile, Felt and Batten Nails
Ridge Tiles
Hip Irons
Code 4 Lead for flashings
Labour

Hope this helps.
Hi chaps,

Looking for guestimate on quantity and cost of Marley modern roof tiles. A crude scetch of the roof is below (grey shaded). Assuming a standard pitch of 30' or ther abouts.

View media item 8107

T.I.A
craig ;)

Cheers Trevor ;)

Actually going to get 350 tiles, this will cover for cuts and spares as the other two roofs are Marley mods. Also planning on two Velux in the long run to give some lite to dining room.

Its a self build rap round conni, but being a gas eng I wont have a plastic roof, so building with walls post and lintels to carry roof with exposed beams. The extention is done just the drains to fit for final inspection, then im throwing the conni up. Its passed on the plans and dont need regs so buiding 1m longer than should as inspection wont be required :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back