Gurgling sound

Yes it's a new build.

This is what the engineer of the company said

He has advised that the noise you can hear is the durgo in the boxing opening and closing when others toilets etc are used. When these properties are build, there is often no insulation placed within the boxing, this is not a requirement and has no effect on the operation of the sink or toilets etc.

The only way to reduce this noise down further is to place insulation within this void. This would be something to speak to your builder about in the first instance.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else we can do until this extra noise has been eliminated.

But the thing is I never heard this problem before so something is up.

Sponsored Links
OK and would that be Thames water that would look into this?

I can suggest this to the company

Engineer of the company?? Is the company not the builder? The thing I don't think is correct is that the durgo is located within your property, I believe, with a shared stack with multiple dwellings, it should be located within the communal roof space. Read through the Building Regs DOC H.

When these properties are build, there is often no insulation placed within the boxing, this is not a requirement
Not sure this is correct either. I think the regs ( I'd need to check) state that the stack should be insulated against noise too.

Is the build covered by an NHBC warranty/cover?? Good resource here

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrLE3X91ABiy1EA4hZLBQx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNpcjIEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1644250494/RO=10/RU=https://nhbc-standards.co.uk/8-services/8-1-internal-services/8-1-6-soil-and-waste-systems//RK=2/RS=6xrTsCogIjxXFK7maknDbIcGSWM-

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back