Gutted over creaking shower tray. Adjusting riser legs under shower tray possible ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help ! Need some input from you guys

Shower tray (install 5 years ago by tradesperson) has been making crunchy noises when I stepped on it.
It's on riser legs. Walls on 3 sides. I looked underneath the tray and it appears that the legs at the back may not be supported and need adjusting. I will try to post the picture on here . Its the one on the right which the rim seems not to be screwed up to support. I can't find much online about how these legs are meant to operate. hence me asking for some confirmation. It was a Mira low rise kit.

Its an 800 tray. I can reach the middle supports, but not the ones at the back are too far for me. Perhaps a tall person with slim arms could reach the back. The waste in the middle does not make things easy either.

Has anyone done this before ? Is there a tool that might extend my reach ? Should the wider 'lip' be all the way to the top to support the tray ?

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• riser leg.JPG
    riser leg.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My regular plumber who is the same height as me managed to adjust all the legs with a grip. Tray now quiet. Thank goodness. Made my day.

The question now is were they always like that or have they unscrewed themselves over time. ? I will be checking regularly from now on.

Sponsored Links
Could always borrow an urangutan from the local zoo next time, they work for bananas :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back