Gutter cleaning tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have moss in the gutter but I wont go up a ladder and neither will my husband! We have asked the window cleaner (who cleans gutters) but he doesnt want to do it either! (We have big windows with no wall, go upto soffit, so hard to get ladder to sit safely I suppose!) Do you know of any telescopic tools that can do the job from the floor...or do I need a new braver husband!!

Sponsored Links
you can hire an allow tower for reasonable money, any hire shop will deliver it and instruct on erection.

perfectly safe and easy to set up.

you probably need a more suicidal window cleaner.

Its annoying as its only the fron of the house as we can reach all other areas. It will probably take us longer to put up the tower than clean it! Its embarrassing that our 76 year old neighbour usually will go up for us, we thought we should find an alternative! Maybe a 'beat your fear of heights' course!

I think even if there was such a thing as a telescopic scraper, it would probably be more bother than its worth......the gutter brackets would get in the way too so I guess its ladder work somehow or better still a mobile tower as suggested.
I find plastic gutter guard a waste of time too, unfortunately.
John :)

Sponsored Links
When you do get it cleared out may I suggest a gutter Hedgehog, it is basically like a large bottle brush that allows water through but keeps debris out, this should dramatically reduce the amount of future maintainance

There is a gutter cleaning tool, its a telescope pole that fits on to a jetting machine and can clean out guttering 5metres high. Where are you?

When you do get it cleared out may I suggest a gutter Hedgehog, it is basically like a large bottle brush that allows water through but keeps debris out, this should dramatically reduce the amount of future maintainance
Not a good idea - It`ll attract "people who eat hedgehogs" and also do roof repairs :mrgreen:

Not a good idea - It`ll attract "people who eat hedgehogs" and also do roof repairs :mrgreen:

Yeah, gotta watch those hedgehog eaters lol

I have seen these hedgehog things....do they work then!?

There is a gutter cleaning tool, its a telescope pole that fits on to a jetting machine and can clean out guttering 5metres high. Where are you?

I have seen these for our karcher washer, but doesnt it just splatter it everywhere?? We dont speak to our nieghbours and, eventhough it would be hilarous to see, im not sure they would like muck blasted onto their clean windows!! ( i could do it late at night or when they are out to have a giggle! ;0) )

I have seen these for our karcher washer, but doesn't it just splatter it everywhere?? We don't speak to our nieghbours and, eventhough it would be hilarous to see, im not sure they would like muck blasted onto their clean windows!! ( i could do it late at night or when they are out to have a giggle! ;0) )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Telescopic-Pr...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item1c17d085fc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TELESCOPIC-GU...658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19c21fc24a

Look at the above links to see what I mean.
Once the gutter has been cleaned out, you can just wash the walls and windows down to floor level.

Andy

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
definatly reccomend the HedgeHog gutter brush, very good product only costs around £4 per mtr, will be the last time you get the ladder out to clean the gutters. :D

definatly reccomend the HedgeHog gutter brush, very good product only costs around £4 per mtr, will be the last time you get the ladder out to clean the gutters. :D

After recovering from my blonde moment I realised, as the window goes upto the facia, I could reach the gutter from leaning out the window! What a wally wombat! We managed to get the moss out. In the Summer we will get the ladder out to give it a final good clean then, 'Hello Hedgehog'!
thanks for all the advice! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back