Gutter leak above orangery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a leak coming from the gutter above our orangery. From up close it appears that the gutter has a 1 inch gap and our side has also dropped about 1 inch. The gutter then leaks onto the orangery roof which is a pain as I also work in here ...

The leak part can be reached from our bedroom as the window can be inverted but it is approx 60cm away from where any ladder could reach which would be in our neighbour's garden.

No idea whether we can claim on insurance for this ...

Can anyone suggest the best way forward please?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I think the only safe way is to get a scaffold built.
It will seem expensive for a simple gutter repair but saftey comes first.

I would have suggested the above took a bit of the glass out and then a ladder will reach fine

Sponsored Links
Cheers folks. How straightforward is it to take the glass out? Is this something we would have to do before the repair was done or would one guy do both jobs?

get a conservatory experienced glass person to remove the glass, thats the easy part but puttin it back leakproof can be tricky i'm told. i now nothin about conservatories.
fixing the gutter should be straightforward but it will have to be water tested with a hose before closin up the glass.
same person could be good for both jobs, explain situationon phone or send photo before any visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back