Gutters: is this a cowboy job ?

Sponsored Links
You just need to shift the water butt over to the left so it's hole is an inch away from the retuning wall and the whole lot can be done neatly using the correct bends. Where about are you?

had some communication from him today. he seems very keen to fix the problem and says he's never had an unhappy customer. he said he'll do whatever i want to fix the problem .

In that case I really think you should give him the chance to fix the work.

Sponsored Links
yes, beginning to feel a bit sorry for him now. he seemed genuinely keen to fix the problem. but is this all part of the act ? hmmm, hard to say.

i've got a [trusted] builder coming in a few weeks. i've agreed that i'll let him look at the job - and see what he thinks.

i'll then give this guy some feedback from a professional on site.

i'm leaning towards letting the builder fix it truth be told and just take the hit. i want the job done properly - i showed this guy the photos and he still didn't seem to know what was wrong; other than it looked a bit wonky. i had to provide feedback from this site.

Last edited:
I think I'm in the middle of a cowboy job at the moment. Moment of truth will be tomorrow. One thing to check if they have any insurances or liability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back