Gutter Guards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm suffering at the moment with birds picking through the contents of my gutters and essentially emptying them onto the floor. I was suffering on the back of the house so I cleaned out the gutters last weekend, however they've simply moved to the front now! I've had birds nesting in the gutters in the past, though that's not an issue right now.

Obviously the immediate solution is to clean out the gutters - but while I'm up there I'd like to fit some kind of guards to prevent future nesting or other issues.

I've had a quick look at the likes of Screwfix and see there are various options available - but primarily gutter guards which clip into the top of the gutter, and hedgehog brushes which sit inside.

What's best?

Sponsored Links
I've never had any success with either type....the bristles clog and the leaves sit on top - likewise the plastic perforated type. In fact unless they are kept clean, water creeps down the back of the gutter and hits the facia - not ideal.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back