H M Arrrrrrghhhhh! C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why are they so inefficient?

A few years ago, I had to send in my returns. Despite the fact I was an inpatient at the time, Mrs S brought all the papers for me to finish off.

It was returned to them by recorded service and I got a screen grab of the signature for it.

The next thing I know is they have fined me £100 for filing late.

I argued the toss with them, but I had to pay under threat of added interest charges. Ridiculous!

Today Mrs S got a £100 fine for not filing, despite the fact that she wound down her company last year and rang to tell them she no longer needed to file yearly accounts.

WTF??

Sponsored Links
Last year, my accountant applied retrospectively for the "Married Couples Allowance" on my behalf for the years since this "Allowance" was claimable, nothing.from the Rev.

This year I was granted without requesting it this "Allowance" for one year only, Accountant pressed the Rev. [again] and I finally managed to get the full allowance from day one given as a "Credit" on my Rev. account.

Over the past three weeks i have had several letters from the Rev. All telling me differing things about where this allowance is being allocated to, Personal or Business ??

About 5 years ago I had a £100 fine levied despite having filed well within time, only to have a further letter two weeks later stating all was indeed well, no fine??

Absolute Chaos .

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Back