HAIR STRAIGHTENERS FROM AMERICA!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry this may be a bizzare question! I have the chance of purchasing some Hair straighteners from the USA with the USA plug etc. Does anyone know if this can be converted to a UK plug without using a travel plug or converter plug. many thanks clare :?:

Sponsored Links
110 volts in the USA, 240 volts here. You'll need more than a plug change.

Moderator 5
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 18:46 Comment:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have deleted your duplicate post

Rupert

have not

Sponsored Links
Thank you sleepyhead do you know what thou. Would it be worth me paying £50 for these straighteners that cost £100 in uk? Clare

It seems the mods have taken out the ESSENTIAL warnings.

You cannot plug USA equipment into a UK socket as the voltage is different

Changing the plug will NOT change the voltage,

USA equipment is 110 volts but the UK supply is 230 volts.

Plugging USA equipment (110 volts) into a UK socket (230 volts) will at the minimum damage the equipment.

But it is possible the equipment would seriously over heat and very possibly catch fire before the fuse in the plug blew.

Thank you! Will not risk it! I will buy some UK ones. Thanks again for your time Cheers Clare

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back