Halfords stereo fitting horror story

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a stereo from halfords and paid for the fitting by there trained staff.
After 3 hours of me going back and forth to the car to see how they were doing,i was told the car needs to be TOWED to their autocentre for diagnostic checking as the car would not drive...../start......

Halfords gave me a lift home gee thanks no car......

The car was taken to halfords autocentre where they could not fix it,the car was then towed to peugot where it was sorted,

Still no new stereo hyde park corner came out and fitted the stereo after getting the correct block for stereo the previous block was the reason the car would not go it had blown the car..

Well thanks halfords for your help i have told all my friends and family...

Sponsored Links
Exctly, they are not trained, to any great level, I would not trust any of them.

Wotan

Anytime we pass the shop I always think its wonderful the work those lads can carryout under that little gazebo and if that wasn't hard enough, the customer standing over then. "Are you finished yet","are you finished yet".

Main dealer would spend more on the carpet for the waiting area, than Halfords spend on training. All credit to their staff, I certainly would not take on some of those jobs, with the customer looking on.

Sponsored Links
i bought a headlight bulb a while back and the lad came out with me to check it was the right one (not in booklet) and he started sighing and sayin i would definately reccomend you pay the extra for the fitting service itd be worth it because theyre an absolute nightmare, and then i shut the bonnet... DONE!

That's interesting, took my car for a few things to halfords and its always been a great service. Would hate for them to break my car though :p

So you didn't give Trev a big hug?

Halford's stores are run by muppets that have the intel, intelig, intelly..are as thick as pig sh it.

Ok for spares and tools on a Sunday but not much more.

Sponsored Links
Back