Hallway Carpet in two pieces (joined)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have ordered carpet that comes on a roll 4m wide. Ordered a 5m length which will be cut into two pieces (2m2 and 2m8). The two pieces are to be joined so the two 4m widths give 8m width in total. This 'width' will then actually be the 'length' of the hallway.

This means, I now realise that the pile direction (assuming it runs along the roll) will now not run the whole length of the hallway but from side to side! I am really concerned that this is going to be a mess when fitted? I was really wanting the shop to advise more and give me options but this is what I ended up with.

I realise now (too late) that I could have ordered a 5m width roll (ordered as 4m long) and cut differently to allow the 8m long length after joining to be in the same firection as it would have come on the roll!

Am I getting hung up on this unnecessarily - it is a lot of money.

Attached a sketch to clarify the words. Option 1 is on order - I think option 2 would have been better.

Attachments

• Ian_carpet.pdf
    14.9 KB · Views: 118
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back