Hallway lights too bright

@ericmark
Well looks like instant success for me. I put the new bulbs in and then just replaced one of the existing switches with the new dimmer and right away they look to work perfectly. Nice range of brightness from very low to bright, no flickering and all switches working as expected.

Only difference now is there is a second delay when you switch them on but I'm totally fine with that as the performance seems very stable. Time will tell though.

The Phillips GU10 dimmable LED bulbs feel much higher quality than the existing ones and are much heavier, the reviews on Screwfix seemed to say folk had most success with them for dimming but they were only £18 for 6 so I am well happy.

The Varilight VPRo dimmer switch was only £13 and I've yet to try the programming side (which less you set min and max brightness and also switch between Mode 1,2 and 3) as it seems to work fine straight out of the box. I am intrigued to understand all the terms / modes though so will have a little play later on.

Hope you get your sorted to your satisfaction soon.

Sponsored Links
"I looked up Magaman 141806 to see the price, and you can get a smart bulb for same price, so why bother?"

I believe it. My megaman "dim to warm" gu10s we're about 7 quid each and I's need at least 50. They work fairly well with fibaro dimmers but overall I'm not impressed, and still use halogens in seldom lit rooms. The warm glow were better, but a bit flickery and inconsistent (jumping up and down brightness wise when dimming)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back