halogen linear bulb wattage question 300/60W ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does ' 230v/max. 300/60W' mean - reason for question below

My parent has a pretty old Trio Leuchten mother and child lamp. It was not used for a long time, but came into use last year, using the uplighter part.

The bulb went and I replaced it with
Energy Saving Linear Halogen Lamp 230W 118mm which is equiv of 300W. I remember thinking that was a lot of wattage, but it worked. It was also cheap.
When purchasing I took my guide from the existing bulb, and I think I may have found something on Trio company website( but not now).

Anyway now 8 months later it has blown. Is this because it was cheap or I had too high wattage?
This time I have looked at the info on the 'shade' of the uplighter and it says ' 230v/max. 300/60W'

So should I now be looking for a 60W ? Don't think the owner will be happy less brightness as that is why she is using the lamp rather than central ceiling light.

What does the '300' in front of '/60w' mean ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - now why didn't I think of that ! :oops:

I guess I thought it just referred to the uplighter, as it was written on that part.

I'll check the other bulb when I am next there to see if it is 60W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back