Halogen mains light & extractor fan query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm looking to replace a standard light fitting in my downstairs WC to a mains Halogen recessed spot which basically takes Live and Neutral connections only. However, the standard light is already connected to a timed extractor fan from the same switch (outside WC).

What is the best way to re-wire this/connect the halogen downlighter - should I use a junction box, or is there an alternative way ?

dsc00683.jpg

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
if you can get all the wiring in the terminal space in the light (using terminal block for the permanent live) you can do so, if its too cramped for that than a JB is probablly the best option.

Why do people always use one peice of sleeving on more than one earth and twist together.

Its a real pain when testing ring final circuits. :(

RMS said:
Why do people always use one peice of sleeving on more than one earth and twist together.

Unless I'm mistaken there is a bigger problem with the CPCs than that...

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
RMS said:

Unless I'm mistaken there is a bigger problem with the CPCs than that...
yes . . . . which is the live, switched live and neutral feed to the fan . . . ? and . . . theres 4 reds, 3 blacks. Where would a single red be used in a WC with one switch and a fan? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back