Halstead Finest Gold Combi Boiler - Operating very strangely

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a British Gas service contract and the boiler service is due in the next few weeks. The central heating can come on at any time, I have turned the heating off at the boiler (round black revolving switch), turned the timer switch to off with the little switch to zero and the little incremental switches round the outside of the timer are all off so the timer is completely inactive. There is nothing else to turn off on the heating side. Also all the radiator thermostats are turned to the frost sign but some radiators will still start up. This usually happens at some god forsaken hour in the morning when the radiators start to make a noise due to heat expansion.
I have had other ongoing problems over the past few years but this one seems to have cancelled them all out. I would like to get the "heads up" before the British Gas guy turns up and tells me I need £3000 for a new boiler and he will be happy to install it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Well it could be if it had one!

Its most likely to be a stuck DHW demand switch as a result of a leaking pin gland.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back