Hammer time, Ford Galaxy discs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a job that was. Our family car, 2008 Ford Galaxy needed new discs and pads.

Passenger side was easy, drivers side not so easy. Took me a good hour to get the old disc off.

Do you think it was put on without copper grease to get that seized?

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Bloody hell :eek: you had to split the disc in two? That's pretty unusual!
Coppaslip or similar plays a great part in preventing seizure, and needs to be applied around the hub centre and the hub mating face......ceramic brake grease (Granville) is even better.
Heat can help, as can penetrating fluid through the wheel bolt holes. The disc actually seizes around the back of the hub, as you can see.
Its best not to beat seven bells out of the discs just in case you distort the hub itself....if it won't yield then a series of holes drilled from the centre to the outside allows a chisel to split the disc tangentially.
John :)

The back face of it came off really easy :0

Then I got a really small chisel and removed as much corrosion as I could from the back around the hub, drowned it in WD40, had a brew then smashed it off.

I put LOADS of copper grease on the new one, just in case we still own it next time it needs them.

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Good job, that.....a further smear of Coppaslip on the disc where it contacts the wheel face is a good move too.
John :)

Back