Hand held computers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone use these, are they any good? thinking of something to record day to day accounts, diary etc, when I use notepads & a diary I seem to keep putting off transfering the data to the PC for accounts etc till I have a mountain of work to do in one session

Sponsored Links
does anyone use these, are they any good? thinking of something to record day to day accounts, diary etc, when I use notepads & a diary I seem to keep putting off transfering the data to the PC for accounts etc till I have a mountain of work to do in one session
Hi im new to this forum and need a little bit of tech info could you please explain amps per phase on a instalation certificate for domestic propertys :rolleyes: ,,,hand held computers to me are ok for the right job i mean i see people using them for blue toothing test results across from there megger but whts a pen and hard back clip board, for and it wont suddenly break down like most sodding computers

Hi Dave

If you get a windows mobile device, such as a PDA (Dell Axim, Ipaq, etc) you can set them to synchronise with a PC when connected. Even better, you can use voice recording on the device and use a voice to text conversion software!

Some smart phones can also act as portable devices. It really depends on what you are looking to record and what level of portability you REALLY need.

There are some companies that write software for specific applications, possibly testing certificates?

you may find writing on PDA's, etc difficult to get in to or the best thing since... harmonised colours??? :)

CP

I tried this route about 4/5 years ago and it was more hassle than it was worth, altough technology has moved on now so things may be more simpler, i like a pen and paper, you can doodle on it too, and do rude drawings!

Sponsored Links
The tech is about there, but not to be relied on, so not quite..

PDA, Blackberry, or iDontknow the latest gadget from Apple, always have an option to crash..so you need some backup..I don't think you can rely entirely on the technology just yet, as a secure, and reliable way.

I tried this route about 4/5 years ago and it was more hassle than it was worth, altough technology has moved on now so things may be more simpler, i like a pen and paper, you can doodle on it too, and do rude drawings!

i have just been issued with a Toshiba Portege notebook, which has a flip screen which folds down onto the keyboard, then you can use a stylus to complete forms, get signatures, doodle AND draw rude drawings

Back