Hanging 12 Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, please move if it is.

I have 12 internal doors to hang, I was going to do it myself but have since decided to try and get someone in. I have been surprised (not in a good way) about the price of the quotes - can anyone advise (even ballpark) how much I should be expecting to pay?

I have had two quotes, one is twice the price of the other! I'm also not sure the best way to obtain a good joiner other than yell.com and hope for the best..

Doors are sized properly and will only need trimmed to fit, hinges (chrome) will be supplied by the joiner and handles / locks etc will be supplied by myself.

Any guidance/suggestions would be greatful,

Regards,

Darroch

Sponsored Links
what quotes have you had?

decent hinges will be about a few quid, say £50 to start

then for the doors there is a wide range of prices for 12 doors you should be looking at minimum of £25 a door asuming they are eggbox doors, hardwood will be more.

so £350+

if they are hardwood doors and the joiner thinks he can do 4 a day = 3 days at £120-150 ish + hinges =£410-500

Thanks for the reply, my current quotes are £650 (no break down, father & son outfit) and £1080 (EX VAT! - larger company) - no break down either.

Just packing my bags now ;)

How much for ONE days work.

Any chance you have friends or relatives who have had a joiner?/carpenter (is the 'it' thing to be calling us all joiners now?) work for them and are pleased with the results.
If failing that ask some of your work colleagues if you have any and again if failing that then go down to your local pub and look out for a bloke whose hands will look like they have been through a mill.

Sponsored Links
how much would you charge WMchippy?

IMO a fair price would be close to the 400 mark excluding diesel...
Obviously this will vary if door closers/intermission strips are to be fitted on top but for your average door (excluding those cheap B&Q honeycomb flimsy would not even be good enough to recycle the cardboard and wipe your own arse with) then around the 400 mark will be a more then decent wage for two guys to come in and do in a day, as we are in a recession ;)

1000 +.... me thinks those carpenters who gave that quote have chisels made from pure gold.

blimey,i think someone wants you to pay for there christmas.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, glad I wasn't being paranoid! I guess I will be getting more quotes. Thanks for the feedback, invaluable :)

For normal internal doors i charge £25 for a downstairs door and £30 for any upstairs so - £300 - £400 depending on how many doors upstairs etc.

( 6 up, 6 down would be £360 ).

I feel this is a decent rate, i could do all these in a nice day, day and a half.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back