hanging 42" tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys :)
I know this has probably been asked a 1000 times, but what size fixings would i use to wall mount 42" tele onto a concrete fire place????

I am having real trouble finding out what would be best??? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Normal red or brown wall plugs should be fine, done correctly.

I presume you are using a wall bracket and when you buy them they will come with the bracket, they will probably be wall bolts about 4 inch long

Wall brackets and wall bolts (3-4 inches if not supplied) (or screws and rawl plugs depending on the bracket).
Then if you need decorative trunking to hide wires we'd be happy to advise! ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi, The bolts supplied in the stands are cheap and nasty, they can shear off when fitting.

I recommend to buy replacement bolts of the same size from a reputable store.

If using an articulated arm as many bolts and large washers will be required.
at least 8 of them.

Warning when fitting the bracket to the tv, always use spacers to level the holes with the back cover.

The reason I mention this, is because if you are hanging a Panasonic TV.
Panasonic will not accept liability if you do not use there bracket or spacers are not fitted.

The screen will crack due to the stress of pulling on the fixings which are part of the plasma screen itself and the holes in the rear are recessed.

good luck.

Hi Ultrascan

I'm soon going to be mounting my 42" Panasonic plasma, albeit onto a fixed wall stand. I wondered if you could elaborate on what you said above for a DIY newbie like myself, as it seems like invaluable advice but I could not follow it entirely.

Thanks mate (or anyone else who can pitch in)

Max

Hi, If you look at the rear cover, you will see 4 black discs covering up the 4 mounting holes. these are to be removed which will expose the 4 threaded fixing posts,

In some cases these covers are not fitted, and the 4 holes are exposed anyway.

Fitted in the holes in the back cover is a piece of plastic, this is to stop you cutting your fingers on the sharp edges of the back cover.

If you are fitting a third party bracket, ( a bracket not supplied by Panasonic)

It will come with a bag of various rings and spacers and washers,

Now the plastic bits fitted in the back cover, do NOT come flush to the back cover.They are recessed by about 1/8 inch,
You need to pad these out with washers, so that they become flush with the rest of the back cover and the back of the bracket, so that it lies flat to the back cover all the way down, and also where the fixing holes are.

The reason for this is there is a lot of force produced by using a thread. (car jack principle) if the washers are fitted as above, the studs will not be pulled back through the back cover as the small amount of travel will be stopped by the washers fitted.

Also it is importent not to use bolts that are too long, check the depth of the holes before fitting and make sure they go all the way without hitting the bottom if the post.

Remember, the studs are fitted directly to the screen. if you Overtighten them and pull them back through the back cover, we will see it on Ebay for spares only. good luck regards P

Hi guys :)
I know this has probably been asked a 1000 times, but what size fixings would i use to wall mount 42" tele onto a concrete fire place????

I am having real trouble finding out what would be best??? :evil:
Have a go with the search tool. You'll find this question has been answered...in depth...quite a few times. :D It won't be hard to track down other posts that give lots of detailed info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back