Hanging a Dyson to the wall...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice on what would be the best method to hang a dyson charging unit to the wall under our stairs.

It's been fine for a few months after i used these
146926-58f4cab0bb9e3ba5559bb22632c4eeb3.jpg

After a while they started to come loose everytime we took the dyson off the holder

146928-4d0b385fa2060b7908275a04bf8131f0.jpg
146927-0d5703cacffee56bb1fff5907bf7b130.jpg

I've got some spring toggle wall anchors but there doesn't seem to be a big enough gap at the back,also tried some hollow wall anchors but there alot smaller than the hole.

What would be best to use? i was going to fill the holes in but i don't want to create more of a mess any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_131622.jpg
    IMG_20180818_131622.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_20180818_131630.jpg
    IMG_20180818_131630.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_20180818_131641.jpg
    IMG_20180818_131641.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 514
Sponsored Links
Horrible things, those plasterboard fixings! Best use hollow wall anchors, choose the type for the correct wall thickness. Often enough they can drill their own holes in plasterboard.....but invest in the setting tool for guaranteed results!
John :)

Horrible things, those plasterboard fixings! Best use hollow wall anchors, choose the type for the correct wall thickness. Often enough they can drill their own holes in plasterboard.....but invest in the setting tool for guaranteed results!
Yeah i've had nothing but trouble with the plasterboard fittings!!

I'll fill the holes in leave it to set then use hollow wall anchors

Whats behind the plasterboard? if blockwork then plasterboard fixings are unsuitable.

Sponsored Links
When you drill through.....does the drill hit air, or something solid?
Well I've used spring toggles before and these holes didn't have much space for the toggle to open so I'd say it was solid.

I've patched the holes back up now

Plasterboard fixing are not suitable , the leverage created by removal of vacuum will always loosen them , you need to drill the wall .

Plasterboard fixing are not suitable , the leverage created by removal of vacuum will always loosen them , you need to drill the wall .
What would be the best fixing to use with the drill?

I'd imagine that's why its come loose after using the previous plasterboard screws,as we use the hoover everyday

I just slide my main body into the charger dock when it needs charging and leave the bottom half standing in the corner. How about using a spreader/mounting board - lots of small fixings for the board onto the plasterboard wall and then a couple of good fixings for the charger dock to the spreader board? I did something similar as the only place I could mount ours was on the reverse side of a step and I didn’t want big fat screws poking through the carpet on the other side! Bit of a lash up but you can’t see it when the door's closed. Lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back