Hanging Ikea Pax carcass

John,

There's only going to be a few shirts hanging up. 2 shelves holding shoes. Nothing heavy. It's a child/teenage room. Just like a wall cabinet but longer.

Sponsored Links
A floating wardrobe attached to plasterboard.

What could go wrong? :censored:

These brackets can be mounted if I remove the back cardboard. I have the wall anyway so not needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213_063008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213_063008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
OK, I've removed the bed. My daughters real oak bed now she's older and has a double bed in her room. This bed has to go now I can fit a single divan and I'm freestanding wardrobe with a 40cm cube with door going on top for storage. Satisfied?

Attachments

• 20230213_224350.jpg
    20230213_224350.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 43
Much better that than any attempt at using the backing board in a PAX to hold it to the wall.
The backs are often coming off over time as they are only fixed in place by a groove or some simple nails.
A totally unsuitable thing to use for support.

Floor standing is far superior and safer.

Could you possibly get me dimension for the supplied fixing brackets - height of wall fixing hole centre from the floor (if floor standing) please?

I'm building a stud wall that will have a PAX wardrobe in front of it and want to put in noggins at the appropriate height to take the fixings but can't find that dimension anywhere.

Assuming they are fairly standard, the fixing brackets screw to the chipboard sides of the wardrobe, not to the cardboard back. They then hook onto the kitchen cupboard style hangers. A kitchen wall cupboard loaded with crockery, tins, some pans, a food mixer stuck on top etc will weigh far more than that little wardrobe with kids clothes in it. If you want it on the wall, it's your fixings into the background that should be the determining factor, you could use a length of rail rather than 2 small hangars to spread the load and allow multiple fixings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back