Happy St Georges Day

hermes said:
Yes but he did kill that dragon, so we should all be jolly grateful for that.
But that was a pagan dragon from Asia Minor, and of no danger to this country...

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:
Richardp said:
so its just england and scotland really,I mean that northern island flag is one the english forced on the irish I guess. :LOL:

Yup, more than likely :rolleyes: Apparently, they were trying to find a way of incorporating the 'Ddraig goch' (Welsh flag) into the union flag and being as it has a dragon in the middle, it was suggested that a dragon be put in the middle of the union flag (note all the others are one layered onto another) but the powers that be said no 'it would look like the Welsh were trying to take over the flag and be more powerful' :rolleyes: .

I mean, what is their problem & they wonder why so many Welsh people won't recognise the union flag or fly it! I know I never will until the day they decide to recognise my nation as part of the British Isles too :evil:
I could never understand why they built that seven bridge, it just encourages more english in, look what happened when they built the Tamar bridge we're over run with the english in cornwall. they take all our woman and our job's and there's not enough pastys to go round, they should send em back to england :LOL:

Pasties.jpg

or

Deleted by mod. Inappropriate for this site

:?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
I'm tempted to alert the mods! that picture is disgusting! pork and apple yuk!, chicken, cheese, etc, pasties have cornish beef, that picture is sacraligeous or something, the one of cousin jane is good tho :LOL: that was taken at the church fete

ban-all-sheds said:
Brightness said:
Apparently, they were trying to find a way of incorporating the 'Ddraig goch' (Welsh flag) into the union flag and being as it has a dragon in the middle, it was suggested that a dragon be put in the middle of the union flag (note all the others are one layered onto another) but the powers that be said no 'it would look like the Welsh were trying to take over the flag and be more powerful' :rolleyes: .
I wonder why "they" did not consider using the cross of St David:

180px-Gb-dewi.gif

rather than the Welsh flag? That would be more in keeping with the other 3 components, and could be made to fit into the design of the Union Flag....

Because no one uses the flag of St David any longer, that's why and the Ddraig goch is our nationally recognised flag. You ask any Welsh person to name three things they associate with Wales and I'll bet you that the Draig goch (though they won't necessarily call it by its correct title) comes in the running.

A question to any English men or women.... Are you or your kids taught about St George and the dragon and your heritage at school these days? I remember growing up in Wales and it was drummed into us. St David's day preparations took about 6 weeks as well :LOL:

Brightness said:
Draig goch (though they won't necessarily call it by its correct title) :

I'm not surprised they won't, neither would I try to pronounce anything with that spelling. :D

Brightness said:
:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Want some Welsh lessons Hermes? ;)

I'd rather cut off my toes with a rusty saw! :D Love the welsh accent though, I had 2 welsh girlfriends, one from Haverfordwest, one from Prestatyn, both became singers.

Sorry to hijack the post a bit, but on the subject of Wales, I want to hire a house in Pembrokshire next xmas for 16 people, do you know of any websites for this sort of thing?

I'll probably spell this wrong but Borren Da Brightness,Iused to live in Pembroke and having my birthday on 1st March I never paid for a drink on St. David's day. Aaaah!!! happy day's.

Brightness said:
Because no one uses the flag of St David any longer, that's why and the Ddraig goch is our nationally recognised flag. You ask any Welsh person to name three things they associate with Wales and I'll bet you that the Draig goch (though they won't necessarily call it by its correct title) comes in the running.
I'm sure that's the case, but given the problems with putting a dragon at the centre of the Union flag, maybe the St David flag could be revived..

Richardp said:
watch it Hermes! she'll be getting her "love-spoons" out :LOL:

Ahhh yes, I have several - all hand made & two especially for me :D

hermes said:
I'd rather cut off my toes with a rusty saw! :D Love the welsh accent though, I had 2 welsh girlfriends, one from Haverfordwest, one from Prestatyn, both became singers.

Sorry to hijack the post a bit, but on the subject of Wales, I want to hire a house in Pembrokshire next xmas for 16 people, do you know of any websites for this sort of thing?

Well don't make a mess when you chop off your toes then, will you? Incidentally, I don't have a Welsh accent any more - I've lived away from there since I got married (thanks to hubbies jobs). I can't sing either :cry: :LOL: . I will make some enquiries about the house rental for you. I know a few sites round that way. Will get the web addy's and post them up for you :D

pitbull said:
I'll probably spell this wrong but Borren Da Brightness,Iused to live in Pembroke and having my birthday on 1st March I never paid for a drink on St. David's day. Aaaah!!! happy day's.

Diolch, Pitbull. I'm a bit late in replying and as it's getting dark I will say Nos Dda (Good night) :LOL: My friend's birthday is 1st March too - she loves it ;)

ban-all-sheds said:
I'm sure that's the case, but given the problems with putting a dragon at the centre of the Union flag, maybe the St David flag could be revived..

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's not pretty enough and there's no dragon on it. Now that many Welsh people (myself included) have gone out and spent good money on Welsh tattoos I don't think it's go down too well ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back